Much ado about mayo
July 5, 2008
Heinz hired a new ad company to launch their new deli mayo. The company came up with a funny TV spot, but it has sparked controversy because it shows ….are you ready?…two men…aparantly married and raising children…kissing!
Not making out. Not having sex. Just a little “I’m heading to the office, see you later” kiss.
I always forget that there are some people that think “the gays” shouldn’t have families and can’t be “normal,” so this kind of thing always seems like a tempest in a tea pot to me. As a hairdresser (and a theater major) I may have met a few of “the gays” in my time. And some of them have families. So it just doesn’t seem strange to me. (I am always excited when kids have two parents of any gender because it is WAY HARD to do it alone.)
So, without further ado, here is the link to the silly little video. Don’t watch it if it is going to upset you.
There. You have been warned. And don’t bother leaving any cranky remarks about how gays getting married will be the end of civilization as we know it. To do so would be assuming that I thought the way things are is good and should be preserved. Go bark up a different tree.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Heinz Homos A-OK, Says Advertising Authority
- Heinz male kiss ad cleared by watchdog
- Two Men Kissing Next to Creamy White Condiment Is Not Kosher for British TV
- British lawmakers criticize Heinz for pulling ad that shows 2 men kissing
- Gaydar Radio calls for Heinz boycott after ‘men kissing’ ad pulled
- Heinz ‘men kissing’ ad: US Christian group urged firm to pull commercial
- Heinz Recipe for Trouble: Hold the Ad